Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friendships

There's a saying "People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime," I have mixed emotions about people that have come and gone in my life. The ones who bug me the most are those who ride the good times and reap the benefits of what you offer them but when something changes whether there's conflict that arises in the relationship or somehow you're just not as valuable to them as you used to be, they take the easy route of checking out on you. What that shows me is those people were never true to begin with. For them, relationships and friendships are about what benefits them. Then there are those who pleasantly surprise you by being there for you during the most challenging times-those who instinctively know when you need the most support and give that to you without having to ask for it. Those relationships have touched me. Since being pregnant and having a baby, I've had so many positive experiences of people reaching out by calling, e-mailing, sending gifts, coming over and bringing snacks or dinner and even offering to babysit when I need a break. I will always remember and cherish those random acts of kindness and the people who showed their true colors. I feel blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. It's easy to have a huge network of friends when people find you beneficial to their goals but it's truly rewarding to maintain those relationships and have so many awesome people in your life who are there simply for you, not what you offer them. I'm lucky to have that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment