Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Weather is Here FINALLY!

All I need is a good night's sleep and beautiful weather to feel on top of the world these days-life's simple pleasures never felt so good. The weekend was fabulous. The weather started to warm up and I got to see one of my close friends Alana and her husband Matt who were in town (his band was playing a gig at the Independent on Saturday night). We had an awesome time catching up with them in Japan Town over a bowl of soup and Vanessa made me so proud, no fuss and no crankiness all weekend. She let mom and dad socialize, took her day naps like a good little baby and even slept for 5-6 hour stretches at night. Her bedtime routine is now starting at 7 p.m. and she can then sleep straight for 6 hours till she wakes up to be fed at 1 a.m. She then goes back to sleep till 4 a.m, eats then sleeps again and finally wakes up for the day by 7 a.m. I am learning to sleep when she sleeps-well not the entire time-usually somewhere between 9 and 4, I get about five hours of sleep and then another two to three hours in the morning if I'm so lucky. I hadn't realized how sleep deprived I was until I noticed feeling so much happier when I got 6 1/2 to 8 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. Now I have the energy go on two hour power walks all around Pac Heights, the Marina and Russian Hill. I am running errands and getting much more accomplished than I thought I could with a one and a half month old baby. With the last couple of days' good weather and the selection of new music in my iPod, life seems full of new possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so great Shadi! I want to see Vanessa again. Maybe we can do breakfast/lunch in Russian Hill soon?

    ReplyDelete